Are you in need of a business attorney? Whether you’re starting your own business, entering into a business merger, or you have any other business-related legal matter, you need a knowledgeable, experienced business attorney. Business law can be complicated depending on the situation. It’s important to ensure that you and your business are legally covered and prepared for anything that could happen.
Now that you know you need one, how do you find a good business attorney? Look for these 5 things.
- Hire an Attorney Who Specializes in Business Law. It matters what type of lawyer you hire. Some attorneys may claim to be able to do it all, but you need one who has actual training and experience in business law. There are many different categories under the umbrella of law. The law is so extensive that there’s no way for any one lawyer to know it all, which is why they develop specializations. Be sure you find a business attorney who knows the ins and outs of business law.
- Ask for Recommendations. Ask your friends, neighbors, coworkers, and other people you know if they know a business lawyer they would recommend. Word of mouth is still one of the best forms of advertising. People are more likely to rely on a first-hand account from someone they know who is recommending a business attorney than the word of a stranger. Ask them what they like about the attorney, why they chose them, and why they continue to work with them. Listen for qualities that are important to you.
- Read Online Reviews. Online reviews are a powerful source of information when it comes to evaluating any business. Read the online reviews of any attorney you are considering hiring. But a word of caution: take each review with a grain of salt. If you find any negative reviews, read the details to determine what exactly the reviewer’s complaint is. Sometimes the issues are petty. Sometimes the things one person sees as negative are not necessarily a problem for you. Not every lawyer-business owner relationship is meant to be.
- Meet the Attorney(s). Before you hire a business attorney, be sure to meet the attorney or attorneys you will be working with as well as any support staff. Make sure you feel you can get along with each person and build a relationship. You won’t just visit your business attorney once; it should be an ongoing partnership. Take the time to meet each person who will be working with you and your business.
- Find an Attorney Who Will Work With You, Not For You. A business attorney should do more for you than just help you establish your business and then send you off to fend for yourself. They should do more than just create your legal documents. This should be a working partnership where your attorney proactively contacts you on a regular schedule to attend to any business matters that may arise. Your attorney should look out for your best interests to help your business thrive.
Kelly Legal Group Specializes in Business Law
If you’re looking for a lawyer who excels in all of the above categories, Kelly Legal Group is your best option for a business attorney. We specialize in business law and will work with you to handle all legal matters for your business. We work diligently to help your business thrive, covering all the bases to make sure nothing gets overlooked. You can trust your business to Kelly Legal Group.