AVADA LAW CAREERS
Family Lawyers in Austin, TX
Are you looking for help navigating the legal matters of divorce or custody? Family law requires specialized legal counsel, someone who understands the emotional turmoil that can surround these cases and offer the compassion and support that is needed and deserved.
Kelly Legal Group has the experience necessary to help with any family situation. If you’re in need of family law services, call (512) 505-0053 to schedule a consultation.
Areas of Family Law Include:
- Child custody
- Adoption/Foster care
- Separation agreements
- Premarital/Prenuptial and post-marital agreements
- Child support
- Domestic violence
This list includes the most common types of family law. There are many other family-related situations that may require legal involvement. If you are unsure whether or not your case would fall under the family law category, call Kelly Legal Group (512) 505-0053 and someone will be able to help. The lawyers at Kelly Legal Group specialize in a wide range of legal services.
When to Call a Family Lawyer
If you find yourself in a situation where a family dispute cannot be settled in a civil manner between all parties, it may be necessary to work with a lawyer. It’s best to involve a lawyer in any of the above scenarios to make sure you have an advocate on your side who can help you to understand the complex legal matters that are involved in family cases, such as:
- Divorce. In the case of a divorce, there are finances and assets that must be divided before the divorce can be finalized. In many cases, the parties involved do not agree on how things should be split, which is why an attorney is necessary. Separation agreements, post-marital agreements, and alimony are often part of these proceedings.
- Child Custody. Child custody cases, whether related to a divorce or otherwise, can be very emotional matters that are difficult for adults and children. The safety and well-being of the children involved should always be the top priority in any custody case, and family lawyers specialize in handling those cases. Child support is often a large part of custody cases.
- Adoption/Foster Care. Adoptions and foster care situations often require legal documentation and occasionally custody disputes can occur between biological parents and foster/adoptive parents. Family lawyers can help in these cases, making sure children are placed in the right home.
- Premarital/Prenuptial Agreements. A premarital agreement (sometimes known as a prenuptial agreement) is a legal document drawn up by an attorney before two people get married that determines how assets will be divided in the case of a divorce. By making the arrangements in advance, it can help the divorce proceedings to go much more smoothly in the event that the marriage comes to an end.
- Child Support and Paternity. Paternity cases can be filed by either the mother or the father. Mothers can file a paternity case to attempt to secure child support from the father. Fathers can file a paternity case in an attempt to have a relationship with their child. Any attorney is required in order to file a paternity case.
- Domestic Violence. Legal counsel is always advised in cases of domestic violence. In these cases, an actual crime has been committed and legal action is required.
- Emancipation. When a minor wishes to get out from under the care of their parents and become responsible for their own finances and well-being, a family attorney is required to get the request legalized.
A Strong Advocate on your Side
In complicated family cases, you need an attorney who will fight for your rights, out of court if possible and also in court if necessary. Kelly Legal Group has the expertise to handle the complexity of family law and will be a strong advocate on your side. Call today to schedule a consultation: (512) 505-0053.